Elastic Path Commerce Demo Installation
Installing Elastic Path Commerce Demo
This document describes how to install the Elastic Path Commerce demo.
What is the Elastic Path Commerce Demo?
The Elastic Path Commerce Demo installs a stand-alone version of Elastic Path Commerce, Commerce Manager, and Cortex on your local computer. The demo showcases the flexibility and power of Elastic Path Commerce.
- Elastic Path Core Commerce - Elastic Path's core e-commerce package.
- Commerce Manager - A desktop application built on the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), used to administer and operate the Elastic Path Commerce platform.
- Cortex - A hypermedia REST API that leverages the power of Elastic Path Core Commerce to provide e-commerce services for multiple platforms.
- Cortex Studio - An API exploration tool that visually renders Cortex hypermedia controls, allowing you to easily explore the API and Core Commerce functionality by clicking through links.
- Elastic Path Portal - Elastic Path Commerce Demo zip files is available on the Elastic Path Portal.
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Mac OS X 10.12
- Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor minimum
- Quad Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor recommended
- 8 GB ram minimum
- 16 GB ram recommended
- Disk Space: 10 GB
- Java 8 installed as default
- Operating System:
Install and Run the Elastic Path Commerce Demo Servers
Elastic Path Portal - Elastic Path Commerce Demo zip files is only available on the Elastic Path Portal.
- Log on to the Elastic Path Portal and download the Elastic Path Commerce Demo 6.17 zip (Standalone Demo Server) [EP-Commerce-Demo-6.17.0.zip]
Unzip EP-Commerce-Demo-6.17.0.zip to a folder with a short name in your root directory. For example,
Navigate to the install directory and start the servers:
Once the applications start, there may be a short delay before products are visible as the search indexes are building for the first time. Subsequent starts should not have this delay. Applications are accessible on the following ports:
Windows users: Double-click
Unix users: Using terminal, run
- Cortex Studio: http://localhost:9080/studio
- Cortex: http://localhost:9080/cortex
- Commerce Manager Server: http://localhost:38081/cmserver
- Search Server: http://localhost:38082/searchserver/product/select?q=*:*&wt=json
- ActiveMQ Server: http://localhost:39081/jms
- Windows users: Double-click
Use Cortex Studio to validate the Elastic Path Commerce Demo Servers are running:
- In a web browser, open http://localhost:9080/studio/.
- In Cortex Studio's Utilities section, click Authentication.
- Enter "Geometrixx" for the Scope and click the Authenticate button to authenticate a new shopper.
In the Entry Points section, click Shopper's Default Cart.
If the demo is running properly, a cart resource should return.
Navigate to the install directory and run the following:
Unix: Using terminal, run
- Windows: Double-click
Install and Run Elastic Path Commerce Manager Client
This section describes how to install and run Commerce Manager Client.
Unzip the zip file for your supported platform into the current directory:
Run Commerce Manager:
Commerce ManagerNote: Warning Message on Mac
A warning message may display when opening Commerce Manager for the first time: "Commerce Manager can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." To avoid this error, right-click on Commerce Manager Client and then select open.
- Windows: Double-click
When prompted by the application, enter the following credentials:
- User ID: admin
- Password: 111111