Application and store assets are located in extensions/assets/.
The following application assets are required to run Commerce Manager.
- cmassets - Commerce Manager assets, containing velocity templates used in the Commerce Manager.
- import - Commerce Manager .csv files, (used for importing products, jobs, catalogs, etc)
Store assets are used by the Integration Server. These assets include:
- themes (Velocity templates and properties used for formatting email messages)
Using Assets Locally
To use local assets for development:
- In your settings.xml, configure the ep.local.asset.path property to point to the assets source folder as described in Configure Maven settings.xml.
- Re-populate your local database
This updates the COMMERCE/STORE/ASSETS/assetLocation setting value in the database.
Deploying Assets for Production
When you build a deployment package using the extensions/packager module, an ext-assets.zip package is included in the the deployment package.
Assets are typically deployed to a local file system directory on each VM running Elastic Path servers. The asset location is specified by the ep.local.asset.path property in the Data Population filtering.properties file. For more information, see Data Population Acccelerator Kit.
Specifying the Asset Path
You can change the asset path by modifying the assetLocation setting in Commerce Manager.
- Log on to the Commerce Manager.
- Click on Configuration icon, choose System Configuration.
- In the Filter, enter COMMERCE/STORE/ASSETS/assetLocation.
- In the Setting Name menu, select the assetLocation setting.
- Under Defined Values, select the default setting and click the Edit... button.
- Under Value, enter your new asset location.
- Click Save to apply your changes.