Elastic Path 7.5.1 Release Notes
Elastic Path 7.5.1 Release Notes
With the catalog syndication framework, Elastic Path provides the capability to share catalog data across the commerce ecosystem to deliver unified commerce experiences to shoppers.
Multiple consumption models provide system integrators a flexible integration toolkit, with capabilities including real-time synchronization, polled updates, and periodic batch feeds.
This release includes a new back-end syndication API, a new syndication event channel, and support for developing and running plug-ins for batch catalog feeds. For more information about catalog syndication, see the Catalog Syndication overview section.
Sorting on Search and Category Pages
The ability to sort navigation and search results helps shoppers to discover the right products. The results are reordered according to the sort attribute, such as relevance, price low-high or high-low, or average customer rating. Business users can configure these attributes using business user tooling. With this feature, sellers can improve conversions and streamline buying experience for buyers. For more information about sorting, see the Sorting Attributes section.
Announcements and Notices
Deprecated FeaturesThe following feature is deprecated in this release:
Removed FeaturesThe following feature is removed in this release:
System Requirements and Compatibility
Elastic Path Commerce 7.5.1 is compatible with the following Elastic Path releases:
|Elastic Path component||Versions||Location||Git branch or file name|
|Elastic Path CloudOps for AWS||CloudOps for AWS compatibility matrix||code.elasticpath.com||release/3.N.x where N is the minor version number|
|Elastic Path CloudOps for Azure||CloudOps for Azure compatibility matrix||code.elasticpath.com||release/1.N.x where N is the minor version number|
New in This Release
- Added support for Wiremock for mocking integrations with external services when running acceptance tests. With the new http-mock-server module, you can create simple and advanced mocks. For more information about using this module, see the extensions/http-mock-server/README.md file.
- Replaced the selling context evaluation using Groovy shell with selling context evaluation using Java operator strategy classes. This results in an improvement in performance of the selling context evaluations that are used for promotions and price list determination for evaluations that miss the cache. Elastic Path removed the cache for condition evaluations to reflect the changes immediately.
- Added custom Spring Namespace handlers for creating and extending lists
in Spring. For example, you can create an extensible list as in the
<extensibleList:create id="shoppingItemDtoValidatorListParent" overridableId="shoppingItemDtoValidatorList" valueType="com.elasticpath.service.shoppingcart.validation.ShoppingItemDtoValidator"> <ref bean="productSkuDelegateFromShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> <ref bean="quantityShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> <ref bean="cartItemModifierShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> <ref bean="bundleStructureShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> <ref bean="bundleMaxSelectionRulesShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> <ref bean="inventoryShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> </extensibleList:create>You can also create an extensible list that can be modified, in the extension project, as in the following example:
<extensibleList:modify overridableId="shoppingItemDtoValidatorList" parent="shoppingItemDtoValidatorListParent"> <addToList> <ref bean="customValidator"/> </addToList> <removeFromList> <ref bean="inventoryShoppingItemDtoValidator"/> </removeFromList> </extensibleList:modify>
- Set the default setting for the format query parameter
in Cortex Studio to
format=standardlinks,zoom.nodatalinks to make the
Cortex API responses smaller and more readable.Note: This settings does not change the default behaviour of Cortex API.
- Added the ability for users to override shopping context evaluation date
through a new Cortex trait called
SHOPPING_CONTEXT_DATE_OVERRIDE. You can test
promotions and price lists that are active in the future or past.
Note: This trait only functions if the COMMERCE/SYSTEM/API/enableTrustedTraits setting is set to true.
New Cortex Resources
|Navigation||offersearches.sort-attribute-selector||Provides the ability to select the sort order of navigation results returned in offersearches.offer-search-result.|
|Offer Search||offersearches.sort-attribute-selector||Provides the ability to select the sort order of offer search results returned in offersearches.offer-search-result.|
The Upgrading Elastic Path guide provides general instructions on upgrading Elastic Path projects. The upgrade instructions specific to the 7.5.1 release are listed in the following sections:
- The following database tables are added for catalog syndication:
- TCATALOGPROJECTIONS: Contains the latest version of each catalog projection.
- TCATALOGHISTORY: Contains previous versions of catalog projections.
- For catalog syndication, Elastic path uses Spring Batch to manage
execution of scheduled and on-request jobs. Spring Batch creates the
- Sorting of search and navigation results adds the following database
The catalog syndication framework generates Java Message Service (JMS) events when you add, update, or delete catalog objects. ActiveMQ must be running when Data Population and Import/Export are executed.
Database Transaction Isolation Level
"The database transaction isolation must be READ_COMMITTED" if an incorrect isolation level is detected.Ensure that you do the following when you upgrade:
- Configure all databases with a transaction level of READ_COMMITTED. By default, CloudOps configures databases correctly. However, manually created databases might have incorrect transaction levels.
XA Transaction Manager
- Adding new XA JNDI resources to Tomcat context.xml files
- Adding new parameters to Data Population, Import/Export and Data Sync CLI configuration files
- Updating Spring configuration to reference the XA data sources
- Update any manually created configuration files
CloudOps updates all necessary configuration changes automatically.
- Resolved the issue where the tax calculation cache was not being used correctly during checkout, resulting in unnecessary tax calculation calls. This fix improves performance during checkout.
- Resolved the issue where the Drools classloader used for promotion evaluations was not initialized correctly, resulting in ClassNotFound errors when attempting to extend promotions functionality in Elastic Path.
- Resolved the issue where a large number of unnecessary database calls were being made to set transaction isolation level to READ_COMMITTE.
- Resolved the following issue:
Both products and SKUs have an enable date and disable date. For single-SKU products, the SKU enable or disable dates are invisible in Commerce Manager and must be ignored by all validations. The implementation included these dates when determining if you can add a single-SKU product to cart, which resulted in some edge-case bugs.
- Resolved the issue where an anonymous customer without an email address gets the Coupon is not valid error when applying a valid limited use coupon. The new and appropriate error message is Email address is required for <coupon-code> coupon, where the <coupon-code> code is the coupon that the customer enters.
- Resolved an issue to log all NullPointerExceptions in Cortex logs.