Elastic Path CMS Demos Installation For Partners 6.17
Installing the EP CMS Demos (For Partners)
This document is for Elastic Path Partners with access to the Elastic Path Partner Portal. This document describes how to install the Elastic Path Demo for AEM.
What are the Elastic Path CMS Demos?
- Elastic Path Commerce for Adobe Marketing Cloud Demo Servers - Servers for Elastic Path Commerce (Core Commerce and Commerce Manager Client) and the Elastic Path Commerce Integration Platform (Cortex). These servers are the back end e-commerce system that the Geometrixx demo connects to.
- Elastic Path Commerce for Adobe Marketing Cloud Geometrixx Demo - The out-of-the-box Adobe AEM demo that connects to through Cortex to Elastic Path Core Commerce. This demo uses Geometrixx, a fictional outdoor equipment store, to showcase the deep integration between Elastic Path Commerce and AEM.
|Package Name||Zip File||Description|
|Elastic Path Demo for AEM||
|Contains Elastic Path Demo Servers and Geometrixx Demo.|
Software and Hardware Requirements
- Elastic Path Portal Access - Demos are downloaded from the Elastic Path Support Portal.
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Mac OS X 10.12
- Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor minimum
- Quad Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor recommended
- 8 GB ram minimum
- 16 GB ram recommended
- Disk Space: 10 GB
- Java 8 installed as default
- Ensure JAVA_HOME Environment Variable is set following the instruction Configure your System Environment Variables
- Operating System:
Installing Adobe Experience Manager
This section describes how to set up and install AEM 6.2 and the corresponding updates required for EP Commerce for Adobe Marketing Cloud.
Installing Adobe Experience Manager 6.2
Disable ContextHub Shopping Cart
As of the AEM 6.2 release, a bug exists in the ContextHub Shopping Cart so items placed in your cart may disappear. We recommend turning this off.
- Go to http://localhost:4502/etc/cloudsettings/default/contexthub.html
- Click Edit Shopping Cart.
- Disable Cart and then click Next and Save.
Install Elastic Path Demo for AEM
- Log on to the Elastic Path Portal and download the Elastic Path Demo for AEM Demo Server [Elastic-Path-Demo-AEM6.2-v2.zip]
- Open the Package Manager at http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/index.jsp
- In Package Manager, click Upload Package and upload the Elastic-Path-Demo-AEM6.2-v2.zip package.
In Package Manager, install the Elastic-Path-Demo-AEM6.2-v2.zip, which is preconfigured to start the four EP Commerce for Adobe Marketing Cloud Demo Servers.
Note: Startup Delay
It may take a few moments for the servers to start up. Please wait until the four servers (Search, JMS, CM Server, and Cortex) start up before continuing with the rest of the installation instructions.
- Open the Geometrixx demo at http://localhost:4502/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en_US.html
Cortex Studio automatically launches in your default browser when Elastic Path Demo for AEM successfully starts.
Running Commerce Manager Client
To create products, updating pricing, and so on, use the Commerce Manager Client, which was installed to the AEM install folder under this sub-directory:
To run Commerce Manager Client:
Unzip the zip file for your supported platform into the current directory:
Run Commerce Manager:
Commerce ManagerNote: Warning Message on Mac
A warning message may display when opening Commerce Manager for the first time: "Commerce Manager can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." To avoid this error, right-click on Commerce Manager Client and then select open.
- Windows: Double-click
When prompted by the application, enter the following credentials:
- User ID: admin
- Password: 111111
CMS Demo Installation Troubleshooting
This document outlines some of the common problems you can experience when installing the Elastic Path CMS demos.
Items Disappearing from your Cart
Problem - Items disappear from your cart.
Solution - ContextHub Shopping Cart has a known issue. We recommend disabling ContextHub shopping cart until the issue has been resolved. The instructions above describe how to disable it.
Demos Not Starting
Problem - Demos may fail to start if they are not installed in the exact order shown above.
Delete the quickstart folder from
- Start cq-quickstart-6.2.0.jar and install the packages following the order shown above.