Application and store assets are located in extensions/assets/.
The following application assets are required to run Commerce Manager.
- cmassets - Commerce Manager assets, containing velocity templates used in the Commerce Manager.
- import - Commerce Manager .csv files, (used for importing products, jobs, catalogs, etc)
Store assets are used by the Integration Server. These assets include:
- themes (Velocity templates and properties used for formatting email messages)
Using Assets Locally
To use local assets for development:
- In your settings.xml, configure the ep.local.asset.path property to point to the assets source folder as described in Configure Maven settings.xml.
- Re-populate your local database
This updates the COMMERCE/STORE/ASSETS/assetLocation setting value in the database.
Deploying Assets for Production
When you build a deployment package using the extensions/packager module, an ext-assets.zip package is included in the the deployment package.
Assets are typically deployed to a local file system directory on each VM running Elastic Path servers. The asset location is specified by the either COMMERCE/STORE/ASSETS/assetLocation setting value in the database or by the -Dep.asset.location Java system property on the command line.