Here are some development checklists for you to use when developing.
When you change Java code:
- jUnit tests - run using either Maven or Eclipse
- code formatting - run code formatting checker (CTRL+SHIFT+F in Eclipse)
- checkstyle - run using either Maven or Eclipse
- pmd - run using either Maven or Eclipse
- private build testing - to make a further confirmation, start the application you modified and access the feature you coded
- scalability - does your feature scale to handle large numbers of customers, orders, products and SKUs?
- domain objects - must be serializable
- acceptance testing - have the "customer" review the feature for completeness and accuracy
When you change Spring configuration files, OpenJPA mapping files, database schema or other configuration files:
- start the application you modified to see if anything is broken
- try to access the feature(s) affected by the file(s) you modified